Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Deanna's 7-8 month Favorites!


Thank heaven for these because my daughter loves them!

I was so scared to even think about giving my daughter something like these because she had barely gotten her teeth so being the 'nerve wrecking' mommy that I am I crushed them and put them in her mouth for about a month. After she pulled in her second tooth I started to think about it a little more but was still hesitant about the topic. When she turned 8 months I decided to see how she would adapt to the snacks. She ate one without 'gaging or choking'. I was so excited so I went in for the second one, then third, then fourth, then fifth, then two days later I pour some on her tray and she picks them up and feeds herself. :D I was one happy momma! The next thing I tried were the pin wheels. She ate those whole too with no problem what so ever! Ever since she has been eating these on her own with her two little teeth she has gone through many of these! She is in love with the sweet potato, apple cinnamon, and apple and bananas flavor in the puffs. The veggie dip 'cheetos' are excellent! She loves those  more than the other items. I thought having two of each would be good but nope, I need about five of each just to catch up with her. :) They are healthy and wonderful for your little crawler to learn how to eat on her own. It's wonderful to see them be so determined to pick up a puff/cheeto.

Another strategy all you mommys can try:
If your child is grabbing or reaching for items let them grab out of the container themselves. Motivate them and influence them to do so. This will help them become more familiar of what they are capable of doing themselves.

I let my daughter grab a pin wheel out of the container.
I don't hand it to her unless I'm in a hurry to do something but when I sit down with her I want her to learn and it's the best way!!

I really hope you all enjoyed this and I do recommend these to all first time mommys.

STOCK UP!!

:D

For more information on the stages of your child click on the link below:

Happy Holidays Everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment